50 Toughest Questions you will be faced with for an interview / Prepare your answers to come across confident and concise, remember to be enthusiastic for the role in your answers and ask for the job when the interview has been completed.
• Tell me about yourself?
• Why do you want to work here?
• What are your strengths?
• What are your weaknesses?
• What do you know about us?
• Why should I hire you?
• Why did you (or why do you want to) leave your current employer?
• If you could turn back time and live your life over, what would you do differently?
• Describe the ideal work environment for you?
• Tell me about the worst boss you ever had?
• If you could change one thing about your last (current) job, what would it be?
• How do you think your coworkers would describe you, both good and bad?
• How do you think your bosses would describe you, both good and bad?
• In prior performance reviews, what were your opportunities for improvement?
• What are your greatest accomplishments so far?
• Describe yourself in three words?
• Are you interested in managing or leading others? Why or why not?
• How do you define success?
• Besides money, what do you value or need most if you are to have job satisfaction?
• Have you ever been fired (laid off, outplaced, etc.)? Explain the circumstances?
• If you gave your last boss a performance review, what would he or she need to change?
• Do you prefer to work alone or with others? Why?
• Describe a difficult situation or task that you had to deal with, and how you did so?
• How do you feel about travel or relocation?
• Is there anything that would physically or mentally prevent you from performing this job?
• What other organizations are you pursuing, or are pursuing you?
• Do you consider yourself to be creative? If so, give some examples.
• How would you describe your personality?
• How much are you expecting to earn in this job?
• How do you feel about incentives, which are heavily tied to performance?
• How do you feel about psychological tests?
• How do you feel about drug tests?
• What are your goals for five years and ten years out?
• Do you prefer a job with clearly defined tasks, or one that is more self-directed?
• Do you prefer to work for a man or a woman? Why?
• How do you feel about working in a diverse workplace (with minorities, for example)?
• If you could change three things about yourself, what would they be?
• Do you consider yourself to be a traditionalist? Why or why not?
• What motivates you?
• Do you think that people are basically lazy and need to be pushed to perform?
• Have you ever had to fire someone? Explain why and how you did it?
• If you could be in your own business, what business would it be?
• Do you consider yourself to be more of a people person or a taskmaster?
• What qualities do you think are necessary to be a leader?
• How long do you anticipate being in this job, or with our organization?
• Do you believe that success depends more on what you know than on whom you know?
• How do you perform under stress?
• Do you keep current in your field? How?
• Do you have any role models? If so, who are they, and why are they role models?
• What more would you like to know about the job, or about this organization?
Ryan Mac Donald
Technical Recruiter for Fortune 500 Companies
913-451-1178 #14 Office
Saicon Job Listings:
Send me a linked in invite to connect for the future: