• The Oracle DBA is a technical expert who understands Oracle database administration for databases
• Provide day-to-day support of the Oracle databases in development, test and production.
• Monitor the Oracle databases to quickly resolve production issues.
• Provide direction to customer in establishing processes and procedures using industry best practices.
• Interface with the government Database Management Office, Development Office Managers and application developers.
• Provide input to the Data Modeling Architects to create a data model that addresses performance.
• Work with the government infrastructure teams to provide input for installation and configuration of the Oracle database.
• Expert knowledge on Oracle DBA functions in a UNIX environment running SAP products is a plus.
• Understanding of and adherence to Oracle’s Best-Practices for database administration and security.
• Experience with Oracle 11g
• In-depth knowledge of administration or conceptual understanding of Oracle Database technologies
• Backup and recovery of databases
• Database tuning and performance analysis
• Manage database outages and handle performance, data analysis and reporting issues.
• On-call DBA on a rotating schedule.
• Develop scripts and/or jobs to perform routine database administration tasks
• Conceptual understanding of High Availability and the Oracle Maximum Availability Architecture
• Automated Storage Management
• Real Application Clusters
• Flash Recovery Area
• Data Guard
• Recovery Manager
• Transparent Application Failover
• Develop metrics, reports, and alerts in OEM Grid Control
• Develop and implement policies for data management pertaining to security, audit, and privacy.
Experience managing SAP databases
Ryan Mac Donald
Senior Technical Recruiter
9300 W 110th Street / Suite 650
Overland Park, KS 66210
Saicon Job Listings:
Send me a linked in invite to connect for the future: