-IT Systems Director is responsible for applications systems, analysis, and programming activities for a group or section. Responsible for feasibility studies, time and cost estimates, and the establishment and implementation of new or revised applications, systems and programming.
-Assists in projecting software and hardware requirements. Makes decisions on personnel actions (hiring, terminations, promotions, etc.).
-Assigns personnel to various projects and directs their activities; reviews and evaluates their work and prepares performance reports. Confers with and advises subordinates on administrative policies and procedures, technical problems, priorities and methods. Consults with personnel in other information systems sections to coordinate activities.
-Prepares activity and progress reports regarding the activities of the applications systems and programming section.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Directs and manages multiple development groups to assure that business objectives are achieved
2. Monitors customer service level standards and solicits feedback regularly to assure customer needs are being met
3. Supports development and implementation of IT’s strategic objectives
4. Develops budget requirements for responsible cost centers and manages expenses to achieve IT financial objectives
5. Interviews and hires staff and aligns staff according to skill set and experience to support the IT projects for the business
6. Monitors projects results and target dates and communicates progress and issues to Sr. Management and customers as needed
7. Enforces and encourages compliance of systems development methodology and deliverables
8. Develops and implements short-term and strategic initiatives for the business
9. Provides technical consulting to internal and external customers to achieve business objectives related to technology solutions
Management of Direct Reports:
1. Establishes staff development and cross training programs to improve technical and business knowledge and achieve exceptional results
2. Conducts performance reviews with direct reports and reviews performance results of programming staff
3. Conducts staff meetings with staff providing frequent feedback on organization’s objectives
4. Communicates and exemplifies the corporate objectives and values
1. Completion of Bachelor’s degree in MIS, CS, etc.
2. 10 plus years of increasingly responsible professional experience including 4 years management experience.
3. Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge of particular field of specialization to the completion of difficult assignments.
Leadership and Management Skills:
1. Creative thinking and detailed analysis
2. Negotiation with customers and clients
3. Making decisions with limited information
4. Meeting aggressive timelines and motivating staff to meet the deadlines
5. Multi-tasking and juggling multiple projects and customers demands simultaneously
Ryan Mac Donald
Senior Staffing Consultant
Midwest Consulting Group partial list of technical openings: